The Child, Youth and Families Alliance - Ipswich and West Moreton (CYFA or 'the Alliance') was established in May 2012 to bring together government and non-government organisations working in the Ipswich and West Moreton area to work collaboratively to promote and enhance the health and wellbeing of infants, children and youth, their families and communities. To date CYFA has over 100 members and has a Strategic Reference Group (SRG) which comprises 12 members and three administrative positions; the SRG's role is to manage the strategic focus and governance of CYFA.
Membership is open to young people, community members, agencies and services that have a passion for Creating a community in which all young people, children and their families thrive and prosper. Membership is currently informal pending the SRG's ratification of the governance documentation. Membership can be requested by emailing mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Activities to Date:
- In May 2012, the Alliance was presented with the Logan Child Friendly Communities Consortium (CFCC) model which is based on UNICEF’s Building Blocks for a Child Friendly Community. At that time the Alliance decided to adopt the approach taken by the Logan CFCC and a formal structure was established.
- In August 2012 the Alliance ran a Visioning Day where over 80 stakeholders attended to provide further information on the CFCC model and to formalise the planning process and engage interested and committed stakeholders to the planning and establishment Working Group and to form the initial working groups. The membership base has steadily grown and continues to attract strategic membership from local and regional child, youth and community organisations and private enterprise.
- Professional Development Workshop on “Who, What, Why and How Child Friendly Community” – this was run at Studio 188 on 13 February with approximately 40 participants and two high profile guest speakers from the Logan CFCC.
- The Great Data Party was held on 28 February 2013 at the North Ipswich Reserve Function Centre. The core agenda was to develop a Research and Information Strategy to guide the Alliance future work program and inform the SRG. The Data Party engaged core child, youth and community stakeholders across Ipswich, with a common goal to set the research and data agenda for future projects and to establish a shared resource of existing data.
- Several active working groups have been established and are currently working on progressing projects that will work to improve collaboaration between organisations and community and create meaningful outcomes to improve the wellbeing of our Children and Young People and their Families.
- The Child Youth and Family Alliance Ipswich & West Moreton organised a Workshop on July 18th to get the ball rolling on producing a State of Children and Young Persons’ Report for our region. This was highly sucessful and there are many opportunities to get involved to roll out this exciting and valuable project.
Please 'like' CYFA on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Child-Youth-Families-Alliance-Ipswich-West-Moreton/409058455880735
Youth Development Officer:- Community Development Branch
IPSWICH CITY COUNCIL
PO Box 191 Ipswich Queensland 4305 Australia
T : 07 3810 7437
M : 0447 200 093
F| 07 3810 6741